1 - I believe that America is, and therefore ought to be a nation of laws not of men.
- I hereby promise that rooting out the corruption in my own party will be among my top priorities!
- How is it possible that Charles B. Rangel (D-NY), the Chairman of the ways and means committee (the chief tax-writing committee of the United States House of Representatives) can fail to report $75,000 in income and $500,000 in assets to the IRS, get away with it, and not have to pay any penalties or interest?
- If you or I were delinquent on our taxes, we’d not only have to the pay penalties and interest to the IRS; we might even go to jail. Our elected officials do not have to worry about the law in the same way you or I do. The laws only apply to them when the public becomes outraged with their disgusting behavior. For the sake of our country, our future, and our children’s future, this has to change!
- Justice should be blind and nobody should be above the law!
2 - I believe in the right to keep and bear arms.
- Any attempt to regulate, legislate, or confiscate our arms, ammunition, or means to use either away from us is unconstitutional.
- If we have the rights to life, liberty, and property, is it not unconscionable that our means to defend that property, our liberty, and even our very lives be taken away from us?!
- Can the would-be tyrants who would take away our right to keep and bear arms guarantee to us that the bad guys will give up their illegally obtained guns as well? No, they cannot.
“The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves in all cases to which they think themselves competent, or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press.”
- Thomas Jefferson (letter to John Cartwright, 1824)
3 - I believe in restoring the free market to its former glory.
- I strongly believe in fair trade, but I also understand that fair trade will be impossible if we don’t produce enough to export. We need to de-regulate business and abolish all government-arranged antitrust exemptions. I seek to help create a climate of nationwide competition where the free market can once again do what our founding fathers had intended.
- Why do we tolerate the Federal Reserve continuing to destroy our currency and harm businesses with its printing presses and inflationary policies? We must audit the fed!
4 - I believe laws that “redistribute the wealth” are not only unconstitutional; they are forms of legislative theft.
- The government cannot force us to be charitable! If my neighbor who sympathizes with a poor person took my money in order to give it to that poor person, he would be arrested for theft. I can choose to give my money to the poor person; that’s called charity. The government can’t take the money we work hard to earn for the purpose of giving it to people who will not work; that’s called theft.
5 - I believe that our government must stop spending our children’s future into oblivion!
- As a dad, a husband, and a small business owner; I am appalled at our governments out of control spending!
- I believe that both parties are equally to blame for our debt.
- I believe that it is impossible for America to spend its way out of debt.
- If you had $50,000 in credit card debt, would you go out and get three more credit cards and spend $75,000 more? No, most sane people wouldn’t do that. I believe that if it won’t work for your family’s budget, it won’t work for government either.
6 - I believe that America is the most powerful force for good on Earth.
- America has made its share of mistakes, but show me a single country that has not. If America was so bad, why would the entire world seek us out for our stability, opportunity, and our freedom? I will never apologize for this country.
7 - I believe that every person has the right to life, liberty, and property; these rights are by no means a guarantee of equal results.
- In this country the fruits of one’s labors must come from equal opportunity.
8 - I feel that our founding fathers would be appalled that you cannot say “Merry Christmas” in today’s society or a government institution without being cast off!
9 - Our government works for us, we do not work for the government!
“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
- Thomas Jefferson
10 - I believe that free speech, in all its forms, is critical to preserving our freedom.
- The freedoms of speech and of the press are the friends of liberty and prosperity. Disagreeing with those who are in power is not un-American. I always try to remember the kind of speech that is most worth protecting; it is the speech I disagree with the most.